Petri introduced their first PP SLR, the Penta, in 1959. Here is one first version Penta, and one version from 1961, the Petri Flex V. The company was established in 1907 (some sources say 1918) as Kuribayashi Seisakusho and started camera production
in 1919 (others say 1922). Petri as a brand name was adopted around 1950 and finally established as the company name in 1962. Although starting early, Petri never became a leader in the development of PP SLR cameras. They were always a bit behind
and sales did not create the economic power that was needed when heavy automation hit the business during the 70s. Petri went bankrupt in '77. However, the workers took over with employee capital and had the factory going for a few years under the name Petri
Kogyo KK. But as the automation in the business went on, the company ended production of cameras in 1980, when the British Dixon group bought the right to use the Petri name as one of their house brand cameras. The last produced camera under Petri Kogyo KK
was the MF-10, according to a source in Thailand. The last series had an M 42 mount! The company still existed in 2009, though, producing telescopes.